Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Pocket Posh

Yesterday I received the loveliest parcel from my friends Dawn and Nancy in Toronto; where to start? Included in the goodies were two great pocket-sized books - these two gals really know me (or else they have been reading my blog!). Pocket Posh Tips For Quilters is filled with info on everything from organizing your stash to applique instructions and quilt storage suggestions. Love it!











And Cooking Notes will let me keep track of recipes that I like; it's even organized by category which will make finding things that much easier.















The box was filled with lots of goodies and as I dug into the last bit I discovered a real treasure. Dawn, who is a wonderful knitter (actually, they both are) has knit me this spectacular variegated cowl to go with my coats. It is absolutely beautifully done and the colour is a rich, deep turquoise. Talk about reading my mind - I've been coveting cowls from afar lately and now I have one to call my own.

And yes, those are chocolate hazelnut bon bons in the bottom left corner, thrown in just because a gal can never have too much chocolate. Yum!











They also included beautiful soap and bath salts - not only is the packaging fabulous, they smell delicious!  Don't you think that the Kimono Rose bath salts package could be a quilt block? Thank you both so much - this made my week.










Amid all of the excitement there's also been a little quilting going on too. I have been spending much of my time quilting on Confetti and machine piecing blocks for Martha's Star so there hasn't been much hand piecing done, but I do have 5 more Candied Hexagons finished that can be added to the pile, bringing the total to 59...













...with one more half finished. I think it's soon time to start laying these puppies out to see what they look like together. I'm a little concerned that the blue used in these last few hexagons is a bit deep compared to the other colours in the quilt but we'll see - it might just need the contrast...M

No comments: