Monday, March 26, 2012

Technical Difficulties and Signs of Spring

It was bound to happen. Just a matter of time. And last week it finally snapped. The ribbon on my scissors, that is. I like to keep a small pair of scissors on a ribbon around my neck when I am hand sewing because they are easier to find. I've had this salmon ribbon for years and loved both the colour and the weight of it. So when the ribbon finally broke (I believe that the initial fray was caused by an accidental snip...), I auditioned a few options that I had on hand but nothing seemed right.

That got me to thinking that maybe I'd go solo for a while and see how I liked it but I have to admit that I was finding it harder to keep track of those little scissors. So, when I was in a paper shop on the weekend it didn't take much to convince me that this gorgeous green and blue ribbon had to come home with me.







It is a little narrower, but isn't it just fabulous? Blue and green are a favourite combination and this ribbon is to die for - definitely the right colours to welcome Spring. I'm hoping that it is tough enough to stand up to a fair bit of handling, but if not, for a few bucks I will have enjoyed the unadulterated pleasure of having been able to use it, even if for just a little while.







And, as luck would have it, my new ironing board cover for the laundry room comes in the same colour combo, and is a lovely match for the wall colour. I broke it in ironing the latest block for the Candied Hexagon quilt, which brings my block count up to 60. Not much has been happening with that one for a while because I need to sit down and cut more diamonds and much of it is fussy cutting so I've been spending much of my time on Martha's Star and the Postage Stamp quilt.

The Gardener's Hand Scrub on the counter is just another sign that Spring is on its way. Soon it will be time to get into the dirt and clean up the beds but it won't be this week. After the incredibly great (but unseasonably warm) weather that we've enjoyed we are very much back to seasonal temperatures. Apparently only for this week though and then things will warm up again....M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the ribbon. One of my favourite colour combinations as well. Looks like you and Mother Nature are on track.
Anne