Friday, April 20, 2012

Sweet!

When I left you last I was headed off to satisfy my craving for Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Icing. It's been a while since I made these but they turned out beautifully - I think it's the combination of sour cream and buttermilk that make the texture so melt-in-your-mouth.













I shouldn't be surprised because there isn't much that Ina Garten, aka The Barefoot Contessa, makes that I don't like. How could you not when she freely admits that there isn't a pound of butter that she has met yet that she doesn't like? This time I happened to have Skippy peanut butter on hand so I used it but I have to admit that I prefer the tried and true Kraft brand - it just seems to have a bit more body to it. Anyway, there were more than enough for the two of us (I made lots of minis this time) so I sent a few packages off to friends and family to enjoy as well.

Not sure if it was the sugar fix or just a little bit of resolve, but I now have all of the stars for Martha's Star finished. Yippeeee skippeeee! Now to fill in with Irish Chain blocks. When I step back to look at it the colour combo in that corner looks a little flat so I might sew one or two more stars and switch a few up - one in mauve and another in a deep teal/turquoise. I'll see if I still feel that way once the alternating blocks are laid down. I could use the extra stars to make a runner or start another quilt.

I also got a few more half blocks done up for the edges so the list of things to do is slowly dwindling. Now it's back to lots of this...







And even more of this. Is this photo blurry or is it just my eyes from sewing and ironing all of those little Nine Patch blocks?...M









No comments: