Monday, May 21, 2012

I'm A Rookie At This

Shortly after I started blogging last fall I came across an online quilt festival for bloggers. Well, it's back so I've decided to enter. The Spring Bloggers' Quilt Festival is hosted by Amy's Creative Side and is a great way to see lots and lots of eye candy in one spot - go take a look. I'm number 510 so that gives you a sense of how many quilts you can see.













My entry is one that you have seen before - it's Frothy, the Kaffe Fassett design using large triangles of floral prints that create alternating blue and cream/pink squares on the point.

As seems to be the case with my quilts this one took a long time to finish, primarily because it just needed a binding and it took me ages to get up the gumption to see if I had enough of the yellow fabric that I wanted to use. What is that??

Well, it's finished now and I think is my favourite quilt to sleep under. We have it on our bed and I love crawling in under it. I never tire of looking at the collection of floral prints, the tiny strawberry print for the backing still makes me smile, and the yellow binding (yes, there was enough!) is just the icing on the cake.



The large spiral quilting pattern just adds to the sense of frothiness - love it!....M













8 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Very pretty! Love the quilting. Also love that you call the effect 'frothiness'. :-)

Queenie Believe said...

Lovely quilt! The colors are pleasing and the perfect pair to the frothy quilting.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Sandy said...

Beautiful floral quilt! I would want to use it all winter to remind me that spring is on its way.

Marit said...

A very happy and cosy quilt to snuggle up with - so you can have a close look at all the pretty florals!

; )

Linda said...

Very pretty!!!! Beautiful job. It looks so cozy, the best to sleep under!

Janet said...

What a great quilt , it looks so soft and cuddly. The strawberry prints are my favourite too.

Nifty Quilts said...

So soft and pretty. I think I could look at it all day and smile.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love florals... so your beautiful quilt really is appealing to me! Love the quilting too.