Tuesday, October 02, 2012

It's Football Season Again

Now that the boys are back on the gridiron for the season in the cooler autumn weather I have picked up work on Stephanie's Confetti quilt again while we watch the games on Sunday afternoon/evenings (and the odd Monday night game too).







I've been trying to do at least half an hour every day so that I get into the habit, in the hopes that some day it will actually come off the hoop and get onto her bed!




























I've been making good progress, and the other day when I went to shift the quilt I laid it out to see how much more there is to do (or how much is done). Much to my surprise it's about half way there. I thought it might be closer to a quarter finished, but I'll take a half.























There's still lots of thinking going in to the potential border design and I think I've come up with a plan, but I'll spend more time quilting to see if it really settles in as the best option. Because the main quilting is very plain - it basically follows the stitching lines so that the squares puff a bit - I'd like the border to have a little bit of interest to it.


















In the meantime, I get to enjoy the beautiful fabrics that she chose. Love, love, love Moda fabrics!...M

1 comment:

Wonky Girl said...

Your quilt is lovely. Is there another blog post showing more of it? I have an older magazine with a Confetti pattern and wonder if it is the same. The pattern was in brights and lots of yellow if memory serves me.