Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Going To The Top of the Pile



Back in the fall I started playing with this selection of fabrics, thinking that I would try a few blocks of Maple Leaf Rag by Sarah Fielke from the Material Obsession book she cowrote with Kathy Doughty. I didn't spend much time at it before it was time to think of Christmas and Holly Bazaar sewing so the strips went untouched. Despite being ignored they did remain atop a small cart of drawers, even through the post-Christmas clean-up.












On a whim I decided to pick up where I'd left off and see if I could make a few more green/black corners. The colours are a little off because these were taken in my sewing cave, but I am really loving the richness of each little fabric collage - they will create lots of interest. This is what they will look like when they are pieced together.










I had more assembled than I remembered so before long there was a pile of 28 corners ready to go. Time to cut the muslin foundations and see if I could add a strip or two.

This is going to be fun. I love the assembly process and I think the blocks are going to be just what I had envisioned. The strips and corners are sewn on to half a 10.25" block so I'm working with considerably larger pieces than my 1-inch hexies which should help things move along quite quickly. Well, as quickly as anything moves along for me...M

1 comment:

Grit said...

This is so fantastic. I love the colors, the are so shining.

Sorry my english.

Greetings from GErmany, Grit