Friday, March 15, 2013

Going Green

I decided that if I paid a little attention to my Fly Away Home quilt I could finish assembling the last of the geese and start sewing the strips together. I had been making lots of red geese and not really counting where I was so I turned my attention to the greens, just in time for St Patrick's Day.













I tweaked the instructions for how to assemble the geese a little bit. Rather than marking the centre line I started using my Magic Wand and marked the stitching lines on either side of the centre and it work much better, giving me much more consistently sized and shaped geese.











Not all of my geese are exact but they are close enough; I'll know better for the next time that I make a batch of geese.





In an effort to make certain that I get a good distribution of prints throughout I've started assembling them in units of 6 or 8 geese and then will work those into longer rows.











So I think that all of my geese are made now - I may need a few more if I make the quilt a little longer than the instructions call for but I'm going with what I've got for now.













They are all laid out and ready to be put together...M

No comments: