Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ready To Quilt

The border is on and the backing is together and Stained Glass is ready for the quilting frames.

















We got a bit of a break from the rain that seems to have been constant lately so I laid it out on the lawn to get a good look at it. I've framed the blocks with a light gold that helps bring out the golds throughout and I quite like it.












There are so many rich colours in this one that I think I will make a scrappy binding that pulls them all into it.
















Here's a better shot of the border fabric - tiny little daisies on a gold background; the backing is the same.
















This one is a true team effort - Anne started it, I finished the sewing, and Betty is putting this one up on her frame, so I bundled everything together today, went and picked up the batting and dropped it all off so that she could start it whenever it suited. It's nice to get it out of the sewing room and feel like I had made some progress....M

No comments: