Sunday, March 23, 2014

Minnie's Closeup

Another pile of diamonds are now pieced for Minnie, and, since quilting is all about the fabric, I thought it might be fun to give you a few close-ups of the recent combinations.
















This latest selection has a few new fabrics, including this rich gold, which I just love. I think or two of the one of the larger diamonds will get done in it as well.














They are all the same, but all different at the same time.
















With 12 in this latest batch I have enough to create 3 more large diamonds. Love the green with the blue flowers in this one too.















I'm trying to get a good mix of fabrics before I make too many more of the larger diamonds. I've got another 8 paired up and ready to stitch so the pile of blocks continues to build....M

7 comments:

Willow River Piecemakers said...

Ooh, it's going to be so pretty!

Sherry said...

I love the beautiful fabric combinations. Close up pictures of your fabrics pieced together look wonderful.

Susan said...

I never tire of looking at little hexies sewn together. Lovely fabric combinations.

Deb A said...

So pretty! Love all your pretty fabrics.

Karen H said...

You have such a way with soft colours. The diamonds are very pretty and I can't wait to see them starting to come together!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Super lovely fabric combinations!
This is going to be such a stunning quilt!

Unknown said...

Lovely combination of fabrics. I notice that your stitches don't show through on the front. How do you achieve that? No matter how hard I try, the stitches on my hexies are visible from the front. Any tips? Kathy