Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Something Sweet

It's been years since I've made Bread Pudding but I recently came across this recipe and thought it sounded too good not to try; the Bourbon Sauce was the clincher.
















It's based on a recipe from the famed Bon Ton CafĂ© in New Orleans and goes together really quickly - you just have to remember to begin macerating the raisins the day before.














To say that the sauce is loaded with bourbon is an understatement - and apparently the Bon Ton sauce has even more bourbon in it, which I cannot imagine... It is delicious but another time I would start with half the amount and see if it needed any more; I didn't see the 'to taste' notation until it was all in the pot. I think I'd also cut back on some of the sugar.








I'm not a bourbon aficionado so the final criteria for selecting one to use was the look of the bottle. How's that for sophistication?!















Not sure if the rows of quilting will be straight after a snack of this, but we'll give it a try....M

1 comment:

Susan said...

Mmmm.....looks scrumptious