Friday, May 09, 2014

The Home Stretch


Hugs & Kisses quilt blocks
I'm not spending all of my time playing with little scraps - this is what the home stretch looks like for Hugs & Kisses. I had about 30 blocks to assemble but wasn't sure that I'd have enough variety in the corner blocks (or enough of them, for that matter) so I paired them all up just to make sure.














They are all together now and just need to be pressed and trimmed and then I can start laying it out.

After fretting that I wouldn't have enough fabric to make a decent sized quilt I ended up with 120 blocks, which will give me a top that's roughly 4.5' x 5.5'. There is a bit of pink left over so it will either be binding or a border - we'll see what it looks like when it's all together.





Just love this fabric but I think that it is long out of stock; it's by Moda. Isn't Posh a great name?....M

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Glad you had enough of all those "posh" fabrics!