Friday, June 06, 2014

Road Trip

A spring trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake had been in the works for quite a while and suddenly it was here. Often I will sew in the car but this time I decided that 12 hours in the car was a good chunk of time to get caught up with cutting hexies. No paper piecing, just regular 5/8" hexies.














I had found a new square container that holds a good supply of cut hexies but it was full, so I put it inside another larger container along with lots of 1 1/2" strips (at least twice the amount that you see here), my scissors and pincushion, and we were off. I got lots of cutting done but there's still lots more to do.











And there are two new 4-diamond hexies that now have an outer border attached. It's been a while since I've had a chance to work on Minnie and it was good to get back to it.....M

2 comments:

Susan said...

Lucky you to be able to work in the car. I can't do anything.

Monica said...

Are you going to Quilt Canada, Marie? 12 hours is a long trip! Or maybe it is 6 hours each way? I live closer, but I'm still probably not going to go. In any case, have fun!