Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Taking a Break from Strips

I'm making good progress on the Sea Glass blocks but needed to play with something other than blue and grey strips for a bit, so I picked up a few of the larger remnant HSTs from Hugs 'n Kisses and made this star.















I'm not sure what the pattern name is but I've seen it a few times lately and thought I'd give it a try. Don't look too closely as the joins are not the best - I should have trimmed all the blocks to the same size before sewing but was too impatient to see it come together. Next one...











It will be 11.5" finished, so considerably larger than the other little blocks that I've been playing with, but works well with the little Churn Dash blocks....M

3 comments:

Brandie said...

This is so sweet! I love how tiny the blocks are.

Susan said...

Very sweet I love tiny blocks. Don't worry about the joins, it's looks good.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful star block and it looks so lovely with the tiny churn dash blocks!