Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Christmas Stockings For The Pile

Three days to go, so it's almost time to wrap up the stitching and switch over to baking a few things for the Holly Bazaar so I've finished two Christmas stockings (actually, these are stockings two and three - the first one has been given away already).

We've got a stocking pattern that we've been using for years but I wanted to see if I could get one that was a little more elongated with more of a pointy toe so when we were at Jane's cottage a couple of weeks ago Betty kindly drafted a new pattern for me and cut the makings of three stockings.







I put them together using Cluck Cluck Sew's tutorial for a lined stocking with a cuff. It's quite fast and worked well, but I think I'd also like to try the new stocking pattern and bind the edges the way I'm used to doing it and see what that looks like. They are lined with a fun red and green gingham.










Both the front and the back of the stocking are quilted with a diamond grid, which is a little different than the tutorial - she just quilted the front - but I like the body it provided.














So my little pile of goodies is almost finished.

















Almost. I know that the little felt decos that I make are popular so Sunday I cut the makings of 12 of them out to see if I could have a few ready as well. They are all prepped and ready to go and 6 are already together.













I've used a different set of snowflake buttons for them than I have in the past - they are much finer - and I like them....M

1 comment:

Susan said...

Great stocking.......and no one can go past a cute Christmas heart.