Thursday, July 14, 2016

Candied Hexagon Top Is Finished

My Candied Hexagons got laid to the side recently but I picked it up again on the weekend and finished inserting the pink set-in triangles along the sides. Love it.














That pink Art Gallery fabric is just yummy and works really well with everything else.















I took it out to the garden for a little photo shoot...
















and used it as an excuse to also take a pic of my beautiful roses. They are loving this hot summer that we are having, and only bloom every other year, so they are a wonderful treat.













There isn't enough of the pink for a backing so I'm going to have to piece one. Working with large pieces of fabric is my least favourite thing about quilting - just hate muscling everything around cause I don't have a large work surface. Much prefer working with smaller pieces. Oh well, it's not the end of the world....M

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So lovely Marie. I love the pink fabric you put on the edges. And your roses are spectacular! Thanks for sharing.

Kyle said...

What a wonderful finish. The pink fabric around the edge is perfect. I don't have a very big work space either, but it will be nice to use up some pieces for the back and get them out of the way..

Susan said...

Nice to have it finished. Looks fabulous on your lovely green lawn. I like working with small pieces too.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A lovely finish! I like your border fabric, very pretty.I was looking at this particular pattern only the other day!