Thursday, August 11, 2016

A Couple Of Favourites

Sandy wrapped up her thoughts on their weekend at Jane's cottage with, "I'm a wee bit addicted to taking quilt pics ...love the colours, textures, designs ...and, I came home with so many ideas from Blue Heron. Jane has so many lovely cottage quilts! Good thing I've been stock-piling fabric!" Sounds to me like we will be seeing more beautiful quilts from her soon. Here's a couple of the quilts that she's dreaming of.

This one was made by our friend Martin from shirting. If I'm not mistaken it might have been the first one that he made, and it is just the perfect sunny, summer quilt. Not only did he make the top but he machine quilted it. Impressive for a first outing, I'd say.



The second is one that I've long wanted to make as well. Appropriately enough for a cottage quilt it's called Sand Castles. Love the softness of the prints behind that creamy white lattice.













It's from the book The Best of Black Mountain Quilts by Teri Christopherson (great book). I'd like to do this one using lots of soft, large florals.













Sandy, if you are itching to start just let me know and I can get you the pattern - its easy peasy and I'd hate to see you idle :)....M


1 comment:

Kyle said...

Blue and yellow is always a perfect summer combo.