Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Mission Accomplished

All three of my charity table toppers are now bound and ready to be sent off, and I'm happy with them.















The HST runner (you'd think that I could come up with a better name than that) is fresh and bright...














and the gingham binding and backing finish it off nicely.

There was a bit of high anxiety with this one because it is 44" long, exactly as wide as the backing, so I had to make certain that things didn't shift as I quilted. It all worked out in the end, which was a relief because I couldn't trim any from the top without distorting the pattern. I didn't think of cutting the backing lengthwise until today. Duh.





This is one that I could seriously consider keeping for myself, but I've decided to send it off. I have photos of it if I really feel the need to have one. It is better to give than to receive...













And the two Halloween Lite toppers are finished too. I have to say that I'm quite enamored with this colour palette. Stephanie dropped by the other day so I showed them to her and she's quite taken with it too.













There are two more to be quilted and finished; I think that one of those will go to the Holly Bazaar and one will be for me. It feels good to have these done and ready to pack up....M


5 comments:

audrey said...

Both of them are so nice. I'd have a hard time giving the brighter one away too.:)

Doniene said...

Always "busy as a bee" I see! Lovely lovely finishes!

Blessings and hugs!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Very cute! I would not want to give them Away either ... Great backing on the hst topper

Kyle said...

All your donations are lovely and will be much appreciated by those who receive them. Glad your 42" worked out. I worry too when the measurements are sooooo close.

Louise said...

I really like the lozenge one! That design and those colors really speak to me. Great job on both of them!