Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Bewitched

pieced hexagon quilt: QuiltBee
Hexies are one of my favourite shapes to work with, and I know that I'm not alone. It's as though I've been caught in their spell (hex: verb cast a spell on, bewitch. noun a magic spell) and more often than not I find myself leaning in to quilt patterns with them. I know I'm not alone.

Lots of other folks have been inspired by them too, and not just for quilting. There are so many wonderful ways to integrate hexies into your life and home. I've come across a few that I like and that could nicely be converted to interesting quilt patterns.







What a lovely transition from hardwood to tile. This is reminscent of a Jen Kingswell pattern with the hexies along the top and vertical strips of fabric.














Stars in the tub, what's not to love? This would be a fun quilt. You could either find the perfect fabric to fussy cut those hexies or make tiny wonky stars within the hexies.













And how about this for a library reading area? Wouldn't it make a great hand stitching corner?















pieced hexagon quilt: QuiltBee
I could go on, but you get the idea. Front or back, hexies do cast a spell. Maybe it's the 'bee' in me....M

2 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Hexies are definitely a teeny bit addictive, I agree! Another addict here x

Angie in SoCal said...

I have three hexie projects I'm slowly working on. My favorite part is making the hexies - a soothing addiction.
You have some great ones.