Friday, March 16, 2018

The Wearin' o' the Green

God's Green Earth quilt: QuiltBee
Happy St. Paddy's Day! I'm not Irish, but they say everyone has a little Irish in them on St. Patrick's Day, so, on the eve of the big day I've got a little green parade for you - my little 6.25" Crown of Thorns blocks made from the God's Green Earth trimmings.













Mini Crown of Thorns quilt blocks: QuiltBee
The pile isn't huge - I've got 12 made now - but the blocks are so stinkin' sweet and fun to look at.














Mini Crown of Thorns quilt blocks: QuiltBee
Much of God's Green Earth is still on the design wall and all of the blocks are now together, so it's time for the final layout. I've enjoyed having it on the wall because it's beautiful to look at as I sew but I have others that need to be laid out on the wall too so it's time to put all the pieces together and see where I land.










There'll be no green beer for me tomorrow, but I think I will enjoy a snack of my favourite Irish cheese/crackers with a glass of wine to celebrate the arrival of the weekend.













Mini Crown of Thorns quilt blocks: QuiltBee
I'll leave you with a wee Irish blessing as you ponder your celebrations:
  May the road rise up to meet you,
  may the wind be ever at your back.
  May the sun shine warm upon your face
  and the rain fall softly on your fields.

What a lovely thought with Spring just around the corner....M

2 comments:

marina said...

Happy st Patrick’s day!
Have a brother 8n law who’s Irish so that’s as close as I get lol
Love your crown of thorns blocks they do look gorgeous!

Nancy said...

I love your bow ties on the design wall. The arrangement is very inviting and that one red group -- perfect! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours, Marie.